Congratulations to Battleplanet! in Spaaaace!!!, winners
of FOGHAT (Face-Off Gaging High Achievement in Trash), which was held at the University
of Missouri-Rolla on October 15th. The tournament consisted of a round
robin followed by double-elimination playoffs. The details...
1. Battleplanet! in Spaaaace!!!
Roster: Ben Lea, Dave Murphy, Stephen Gill and Adam Mitchell
Record: 5-1 RR, 3-1 Playoffs
Prize: Each player received Foghat's _Slow Ride and Other Hits_ compilation CD and the team was awarded the "Fog hat", a hat ordered from www.foghat.com that has the word "Fog" embroidered on it.
2. Dr. T & the Gerbils
Roster: Greg Sorenson, Chris Rosenberg
Record: 6-0 RR, 2-2 playoffs
Prize: Each received swimmies with Dolphin graphics that they can wear while playing their new Shamu and Friends Save the Ocean board game.
3. The Fake Slim Shadies
Roster: Jason Schwengler, Brandon Chapman, Mike Raska, J Live
Record: 4-2 RR, 1-2 playoffs
Prize: Each were each given a Star Wars Episode 1 super ball to add to their collective trophy, the inflatable Queen Amidala doll...I mean, chair.
4. Psychedelic Pussycat (Wichita State) 3-3 RR, 0-2 playoffs
5. Defenstrators in Training (Missouri-Rolla) 2-4 RR, 2-0 consolation
6. Team Kaga (Oklahoma) 1-5 RR, 0-2 consolation
7. Totally Skelebones Kung Fu Death Squad (Oklahoma) 0-6 RR, 1-1 consolation
The various other award winners...
Leaders of Individual Scoring in the Round Robin:
1. Greg Sorenson, Dr. T & the Gerbils (won a Foghat Live CD)
2. Jason Schwengler, The Fake Slim Shadies (won the Godzilla Street Stompin' game)
3. Ben Lea, Battleplanet! in Spaaaace!!! (won a Gatorade towel)
4. Chris Rosenberg, Dr. T & The Gerbils (won The Nightmare on Elm Street Companion)
5. David Murphy, Battleplanet! in Spaaaace!!! (won the Fotonovel of the Donald Sutherland remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers)
Dr. T & The Gerbils (won a Monday Night Football Interactive Card Game)
Rookie Award (given to highest scorer playing in first trash tournament)
Bob Gray, Defenestrators in Training
Thanks are owed to:
The University of Missouri-Rolla ACO for helping staff the tourney and arranging for the facilities and to Ilene Morgan, Matt Crook and Malcolm Hays who provided excellent moderating, stat compiling and scorekeeping.